If you have any questions, please call our store at 630-663-1298.
LSA Statement Monitors
The Statement measures 13.5 inches tall by eight-and-three-quarters inches wide and 14.5 inches deep. Each speaker weighs 24 pounds. Each speaker has rounded sides, so there are no parallel surfaces, as well as a rear port to help augment its low-end performance. Dual binding posts are provided for bi-wiring. The reported frequency response is 42Hz to 40KHz, with a rated sensitivity of six ohms with an efficiency of 88dB.
Living Sound Audio produces three different versions of this monitor, with the statement being the reference model, which is the most expensive in the line. In the Statement Monitor, the upgrades include the following: a massive 12-gauge flat wound air core inductor in line with the six-inch midrange/woofer, a folded ribbon tweeter from Aurum Cantus, a totally rebuilt crossover with Auricaps, Mills wire-wound resistors and, lastly, an unspun lamb’s wool thread for internal damping. The Statement Monitor uses very high-quality parts, and a lot of creative engineering went into the design of this speaker.
LSA Statement Monitors review summary from Home Theater Review:
• The Statement Monitor offers great dynamics and accurate tuneful bass in comparison to other speakers its size.
• The Statement creates a big, wide and high soundstage, with excellent layering throughout.
• The Statement Monitor creates life-sized images that offer a more realistic portrayal of players, in comparison to other small two-way stand-mounted speakers that I’ve auditioned.
• The Statement Monitor can play any type of music with great kick and micro-dynamics and especially renders voices with great natural beauty.
• Like all reference-level two-way monitors, the Statement Monitor needs high-quality stands in order to perform to its highest level.
• The Statement Monitor is very easy to drive, but because it offers such a high level of transparency and clarity, it’s important to use high-quality up-stream gear, including solid front-end components, DACs and more. The additional cost either now or in a future upgrade will pay significant dividends.
• The Statement Monitor sounds its best when it is bi-wired, so an extra pair of speaker cables is needed.
Competition and Comparison
In this price bracket, around $2,300 for two-way stand-mounted speakers, the major competitors would either be the Harbeth p-3ESR, which is valued at $2,095, or the Paradigm Signature Reference S1, which retails for $1,998. Both speakers are very musical performers and offer a high level of performance. But when it comes to creating a tuneful and powerful foundation for large ensembles, the accuracy and correct timbres of voices and letting the listener hear effortlessly/naturally the little details of the music, I believe that the LSA1 Statement Monitor edges the other speakers out to a considerable degree.
I give my compliments to LSA Audio for creating a very high-performing and creatively designed reference-level monitor for an incredibly reasonable price. If you’re a music lover with a small acoustic space and want a two-way, stand-mounted speaker that will allow you to relax and enjoy the pleasure of your music collection, you would have to spend triple the amount to get a speaker that would out-perform the LSA1 Statement Monitor speaker. I highly recommend you put it on your audition list.